Thu, Jun 08|
Farmingdale State College Ballroom
Walk Bike LI Summit
Join the New York Coalition for Transportation Safety and the Long Island Health Collaborative for Walk Safe Long Island's first Walk Bike LI Summit!
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2:00 PM
Farmingdale State College Ballroom, 2350 NY-110, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
About the Event
Join our expert panel for a thought-provoking discussion about safety surrounding walking and biking on Long Island, the proliferation of micromobility devices like e-bikes, laws and regulations surrounding active transportation on Long Island, and how we can better share our streets to ensure safety for all road users.
Keynote Speaker: Diana Alati, Families for Safe Streets
Diana's 13-year-old son Andrew was struck and killed in Levittown, while riding home on his bike in 2019. She will speak about her heart-wrenching experience and the vital work Families for Safe Streets does to improve road safety for all.
Introduction: Cynthia Brown, Excutive Director & Mark Hoffacker, Program Director, New York Coalition for Transportation Safety
- Paul Steely White, Executive Director, Parks & Trails New York
- Daniel Flanzig, Esq., Flanzig & Flanzig, LLP; Board of Directors, NYCTS
- Rosemary Mascali, Co-Chair USGBC-LI Sustainable Transportation Committee
- Matthew Carmody, PE, Vice President, Traffic & Transportation Engineering, AKRF
- Kazem Oryani, PhD, A.M.ASCE, Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Technology, SUNY Farmingdale
Seeking vendors to table at no cost! Interested in tabling at this event? Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-963-4167.